Re: LC Comment - Script & Progressive Rendering / Multiple Pages

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:15:08 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:200412030752.iB37qjE14075@djwhome.demon.co.uk...

>> only requires ECMAScript Ed.3, and as there's no mime-type for JavaScript
>> 1.2 it can't be specified in SVG (of course it's inadvisable to use 1.2
>> on
>
> It wouldn't make sense, even if you could specify it, because the
> "JavaScript" version, largely refers to the object models,

I know of no user agents that change their object model when they change
javascript version suggested by the author, but a large number of user
agents change their JavaScript behaviour if you specify 1.2 especially.

Could you give me an example of a browser which acts as you describe and
changes object model when the javascript version changes?  In have never
heard your usage of javascript version in the comp.lang.javascript newsgroup
in many years, people have long understood the difference between object
models and core language version.

Cheers,

Jim.