Re: LC Comment - Script & Progressive Rendering / Multiple Pages

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:06:14 -0600
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>, www-svg@w3.org

Jim Ley wrote:
> I'd be happy if you could come up with a suitable specification of how that
> works I'd be happy with it, I've not seen it specified currently and as it's
> completely unnecessary, I think it's easier to just say not allowed.  The
> HTML behaviour is not consistent across browsers.

The behavior needs to be specified anyway, because script nodes can be inserted
into the document via script _while_ the document is loading, which is allowed
by the current specification.

Once that behavior is specified, simply applying it to insertion of script nodes
after the document finishes loading is trivial.

-Boris