Re: LC Comment - Script & Progressive Rendering / Multiple Pages

"Andrew Sledd" <Andrew.Sledd@zoomon.com> wrote in message

>Are we to infer that this means the whole document must be loaded
>before the script is executed? Thus usefulness of combining script
>and progressive rendering and/or multiple pages will be limited.

This isn't even the current behaviour, nor the behaviour of any mark-up
language, script is executed when the script element is parsed, I think it's
clear this is not the case, but obviously not.

>We propose that script elements when in a time container with
> timelineBegin="onStart" should be interpreted/executed upon
>load of the script element.

No, all script elements should be executed immediately as now. (external
scripts with externalResourcesRequired false being the one exception,
analgous to the defer attribute in HTML)  Certainly no change to the
existing behaviour should be considered, and changing from the behaviour of
all other markup languages and scripts should be very much a last resort.

>  <svg timelineBegin="onStart">
>    <script> document.getElementById("foo").setTrait("visibility",
> "visible");</script>
>    <rect id="foo" visibility="hidden">
>  </svg>
>
>Would not render the rectangle, while