Few questions about SVG 1.2

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:49:18 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hey everyone.

I have a couple of questions about the SVG 1.2 draft.  (Wasn't a new one
forthcoming?)

1. What would happen if I used traitDef to define a CSS trait that took
an SVG type that wasn't already supported in CSS?  For example:

  <traitDef name="matrix" type="CSS" valueType="SVGMatrix"/>

(Shouldn't these attributes be attributeName and attributeType for
consistency with the SMIL elements?)

2. I notice that in ASV6 document.getElementById will find elements
which are in shadow trees but really the shadow tree isn't part of the
document tree so this is not correct, right?  That would mean that any
time authors want to look up elements in shadow trees by id they would
need to explictly include an svg element in their shadow tree so they
can call SVGSVGElement.getElementById.  This seems a bit awkward and
unnecessary.  Perhaps SVGShadowElement could include a getElementById as
well?  Or derive from SVGSVGElement?

Thanks,

Cameron

--