WG Input on <switch> implementation

From: Scooter Morris <scootermorris@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:42:39 -0700
To: www-svg@w3.org

Greetings!

    I've submitted a patch to Mozilla to implement SVG <switch> and an
issue has been raised that we would like some input on.  The current
patch will iterate over all direct children of the <switch> element to
determine which element evaluates to true.  This works correctly for all
of the test cases we had.  The question that has arisen is what happens
in the presence of anonymous children such as those bound by XBL?
Should <switch>
iterate over all children or should it ignore the anonymous children and
only iterate over "real" (i.e. document) children?
    We are awaiting input from the SVG working group before checking
this patch in, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

-- scooter