Re: WG clarification request for SVG_WRONG_TYPE_ERR

Dean Jackson wrote:
> I agree that this causes problems, but it isn't limited to SVG.
> What does Mozilla do for the Core DOM API?

At the moment, we throw an exception if an attempt to use the object fails.  In
some cases (eg appendChild) this is pretty immediate (since the object probably
doesn't expose the internal interfaces needed for managing child lists).  In
other cases, (say the node filter argument of createTreeWalker) the exception
could be delayed until an attempt to actually use the filter object is made.

> My suggestion was to throw the error when you know you really
> don't have something of the right type.

That makes sense to me.

-Boris