Re: [Inkscape-devel] Markers and angle bisectors

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:11, bulia byak wrote:
> > Inkscape currently does the right thing sometimes (by pure luck, more or
> > less) -- that particular example does not illustrate a flaw in Inkscape,
> > but in the SVG spec.
>
> In that case Inkscape must stay compliant to the spec. Sorry I didn't
> notice at first that your previous message was directed to w3c-svg
> list. It's good that you make our concerns heard there. However, until
> the spec changes, we must only provide our extensions in a way that
> does not break our files in other renderers.

My work does not violate the spec.  The spec leaves open which of the
two angle bisectors to choose.  My patch (now complete except, for two
corner cases, one of which Inkscape probably mishandles anyway) chooses
an angle bisector based on the rule I proposed.

If other renderers happen to always choose the inner (or outer)
bisector, there's nothing we can do about that, and it's conformant to
the spec as written.  But as you said, the other renderers you tried
have the same directionality on my first example as Inkscape does, and
which my patch will preserve.  So, we will be compliant with the spec
and with other renderers.

--
-David "Novalis" Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668
                       "PLAN WHILE YOU CAN, LITTLE THING OF EARTH.