Re: WG clarification request for SVG_WRONG_TYPE_ERR

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:32:01 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:
> The question is what should a UA do when interacting with an object that
> initially appears to implement an interface, but then stops doing so while
> it is being used.

That's easy, it should blow up :) That's actually not a UA problem, it's
a problem of the language being used. Whether that sort of error happens
at compile time or at run time, or even later in the run time after it's
worked before, seems irrelevant: a method will be called that isn't
there and the language will bitch about there being an error, which the
UA will relay.

Or is there a situation I'm not thinking of?

--
Robin Berjon