Re: WG clarification request for SVG_WRONG_TYPE_ERR

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Dean Jackson wrote:

>> What about a language in which methods can be dymically defined on
>> objects as needed?
>
> If I understand you correctly, then the methods are only defined on the
> object when they are needed, right? In this case, it should be fine, as
> long as the object can pass as an SVGMatrix.

Theoretically, if you have an object implemented in Perl (e.g.), you can
define it in such a way that any method call results in a lookup, the
lookup being potentially arbitrary code such as asking a remote site,
checking the results of a random number, etc. An object in pure Perl
typically isn't explicitly labelled as being "an SVGMatrix", it just
happens to act like one. Or doesn't. Or acts like one for a bit then stops
acting like one half way through...