Re: question on SVG Tiny 1.2 DOM

Bonjour Jean-Claude,

On 16 Apr 2004, at 00:53, Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:

>  I am looking at the http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/svgudom.html
>  (version of March 18)
>  --------------
>  A.2.3 ...
>  The type of elements which can be created through the createElementNS
> method is restricted to:
>
> 	1.  	The SVG namespace.
>  --------------
>  I wonder about a few things:
>  1. the easy one: <anchor> should really be <a> right ?

Yes.

>  2. the difficult ones: why is <g> not in this list ?

I don't know. Unless I was asleep, I can't remember the discussion
of why these are limited. I think it should be there.

>  whereas I can understand why <set> is not in, why are the <animate*>
> not in ?

I think they all should be there.

>  3. the wild ones: would <audio> and <video> be allowed in this list ?

Again, unless I've missed something (very likely) I can't see any
reason to limit createElementNS to anything other than the complete
set of elements allowed by the current profile.

Dean