Re: questions about clipping

On 15 Apr 2004, at 20:12, Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am struggling to understand how I can do simple clipping by a
> rectangle that would not be rotated, but which would be animated (size
> and position). Note: such clipping is trivial to implement.
>
> I can do it with clipPath, but this is not allowed in Tiny.
> I can do it using viewBox and clip, but symbol and nested svg elements
> are forbidden in Tiny.
> Is there another way to clip ?
> Is there really no way to do this simple non-rotated-rectangle
> clipping in Tiny ?

That's right - there is no clipping, in this form, in Tiny.

We'll take this as a feature request. My opinion is that it isn't
trivial
to implement, although it isn't difficult to implement. The problem
is that when you're talking about such small devices, it really must
have a large benefit if it isn't trivial.

Having said that, I think clipping should be in Tiny.

Dean