questions about clipping

From: Jean-Claude Dufourd <jean-claude.dufourd@enst.fr>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:12:23 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

Dear all,

I am struggling to understand how I can do simple clipping by a
rectangle that would not be rotated, but which would be animated (size
and position). Note: such clipping is trivial to implement.

I can do it with clipPath, but this is not allowed in Tiny.
I can do it using viewBox and clip, but symbol and nested svg elements
are forbidden in Tiny.
Is there another way to clip ?
Is there really no way to do this simple non-rotated-rectangle clipping
in Tiny ?

Thanks for any help.
Best regards
JC Dufourd