Re: Comments on SVG 1.2 WD-6

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:53:59 +0200
To: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Dean Jackson wrote:
> Having tried to lay out documents with the current
> flow text and flow image, I really really strongly
> agree with you. It's nearly impossible to create a
> document without some form of automatic layout (other
> than by using an external layout program like
> InDesign, but then there isn't really much point using
> flowRoot). Eg. a bullet list.
>
> +1 on grids (and I agree that they aren't a huge
> implementation burden).

+1 on grids too, and based on the exact same sorry attempt at
implementing bullet lists (for SVG slides supporting an SVG talk...), as
well as doing app interfaces with RCC. No need to emulate all the
options available in GUI toolkits, something simple we can expand later
would rock.

--
Robin Berjon