color-profile

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:10:43 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>, <www-style@w3.org>

Hello,

How is local specified on a color-profile?

From the CSS3 spec (color module):

*************************
<local-profile>
The source profile is a locally-stored profile. The syntax for
<local-profile> is:
"local(" + <string> + ")"
where <string> is the profile's unique ID as specified by the International
Color Consortium. (Note: Profile description fields do not represent a
profile's unique ID. With current ICC proposals, the profile's unique ID is
an MD5-encoded value within the profile header.)

This isn't enough information for me to understand. I don't know what MD5
is, can someone give an example?

(I'm also using the Windows ICM API)

thanks,

--