Re: setting an svg path attribute should raise an error on invalid path.

From: Steve Schafer <steve@fenestra.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:17:18 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:55:48 -0000, "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:

>To make this easier, I'd like
>
>el=doc.createElementNS(svgNS,"path")
>el.setAttributeNS(null, "d","Y 10")
>
>To throw an error (which I could then catch and only use my slow parser when
>the syntax differs.)

Wouldn't it make more sense for that test to be incorporated into your
fancy parser? That is, the parser should first use the old/fast
algorithm to parse the attribute. If that failed, it would attempt to
reparse the attribute using the new/slow algorithm.

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp
http://www.fenestra.com/