Re: externalResourceRequired is animatable

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 02:13  PM, Steve Schafer wrote:
> Doesn't the text in the erratum (which is incorporated directly into
> SVG 1.1) take care of the problem? [...] Basically, it's saying
> something like, "We made a mistake and put a declaration in the DOM
> that says that externalResourcesRequired is animatable, but it really
> shouldn't be. To allow for backwards compatibility, we have to leave
> the declaration as is, but you, as an implementor or user, should know
> that the animVal will always be equal to the baseVal."

Yes, but SVG 1.1 doesn't rely on 1.0 errata, does it?

The intro to SVG1.1 says:
"SVG 1.1 serves two purposes: to provide a modularization of SVG based
on SVG 1.0 and to include the errata found so far in SVG 1.0."

As such, IMO the 1.1 specs discussing this attribute should have an
addition that clarifies the discrepancy. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding
the point of 1.1, but I thought that 1.1 should stand on its own,
without a reader needing to read 1.0 and/or it's errata to get the
complete picture.

--
Gavin Kistner @ Refinery, Inc.
gavin@refinery.com