Re: SVG Mobile Competition

From: Hauke <hauke@SVGxpert.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:23:47 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: chris <chris@w3.org>

Thanks for responding, Chris.

On 15 Oct 2003 at 17:00, Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, 4:28:42 PM, Hauke wrote:
> H> are there limitations concerning proportion or resolution of the SVGT
> H> compliant?
> H> e.g. the size of a Nokia-3650-display?! ;-)
>
> You don't have to know the pixel resolution of a 3650 to enter, and
> you would probably be marked down if your entry specified width and
> height in pixels and looked like crap at a slightly different
> resolution.
>
> Width and height of 100%, a viewbox, clip and overflow set
> appropriately and a colored rectangle larger than viewbox to provide
> resiliency against moderate differences in aspect ratio, on the other
> hand, would probably be seen as good design.

i am aware of that.

i don't own such a fancy handset. so, i was just wondering if there are
something like standards concering ratio of width and height (of dispalys)?
squarish, landscape or portrait-format - probably the third choice should be
the one...

> H> Hauke ChristopH - www.svgxpert.de
>
> Also, text in the entry does not need to be in English - it can be in
> any language you choose, although since the SVG working group does not
> speak all languages, a translation into a language they do speak
> (English, Japanese, French, German, Swedish ... ) would be helpful.

if you would have been more patient you would have been given the
translation right away. it comes just after the german announcment! ;-)

unfortunately - i won't have the time to realise my ideas as soon as i would
like to...

Thanks anyway - especially for providing such an awesome standard!!
Hauke