Re: Plot file size when printing with Adobe's SVG viewer

From: Donna D. Floyd <ddfloyd@fromltoj.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:49:49 -0700
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
I am not interested in the file because I have many just like it. We will
confirm that in 2003 the problem still exists.  Even simple files are
gigantic.  The PC world seems to be under better control than the MAC.

We can print a PCL version of the SVG in 1 minute, compared to 30 minutes
for the PostScript 3 print on a MAC.  Both to an HP 2100 with both PCL and
PS.

We have seen several vendors, including Adobe, commit to fixing this
problem, which seems to be related to the technique of rasterizing the SVG
output, but we have not seen any results.

Donna D. Floyd
President
Custom Computer Creations, L.L.C.
ddfloyd@custco.biz