RCC

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:02:33 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hello,

I'm having a little problem, let's say you have:

<elementDef>

<script>

function down(evt)
{
    var rect = evt.target;
    var shadowTree = ??? // How to obtain this without calling parentNode
recursively?
}

</script>

<protoype>
<svg...>
 <g>
  <rect onmousedown="down(evt)" />
</g>
</svg>
</prototype>

</elementDef>

I'm thinking, maybe

SVGShadowElement : Element

should be defined as

SVGShadowElement : Document

instead?

then you could use var shadowTree = rect.ownerDocument

and the adobe extension getElementById on the shadow element wouldn't be
needed since that's on the document interface. Also RCC code will look a lot
more like 'normal' code. Consider the above

function down(evt)
{
    var rect = evt.target;
    var document = rect.ownerDocument
}

would work regardless of if we're in rcc or outside one.

What do you think?

--
Sigurd Lerstad