Re: [SVG 1.2] Other notes.

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:12:39 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Robin Berjon" <robin.berjon@expway.fr> wrote in message
news:3FB68A43.4090003@expway.fr...

> > 16.2 Copyright info
>
> I love the ways in which you manage to be brilliantly silly ;)

oohh, first time I've heard that word used in a sentance describing me...

> SVG user
> agents need not support that copyright information, the simple fact of
> stating it is legally binding for whom may want to copy content, which
> is why it's recommended to use it (as some people seem to require that).

Sure, but we can already include that metadata in current SVG, and a
copyright element seems useful, but suggesting RDF is just too much effort,
why not just:

<copyright>  Some message to be displayed when viewing source...
</copyright>

Is much simpler to implement and achieves the same as the RDF, we can still
encourage authors to include the RDF version, but...

Jim.