[SVG 1.2] 5.2 Element focus and navigation

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:57:18 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi,

This is a useful feature and well specified, although the open issue
suggestion of

"Changing the tab order? (cancel the Tab keyboard event and call focus()) "

Is simply not appropriate, element focus and navigation has nothing to with
the tab key, and we cannot use keyboard events to overcome it, navigation is
a lot more fundamental than that.  Equally, we cannot use the method briefly
described as we can't tell if we're tabbing forward, or backwards through
the elements.

A navIndex property would seem a simple and well known solution.

Jim.