Re: SVG 1.2 WD comments: RCC+XSLT and others

On Mon 2003-11-17 Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Since XSLT does not specify a default namespace for elements
> referred to in an XPath expression (a snag I'm sure most people
> using XSLT will have been caught on) does this mean expressions will
> require lots of prefixes?

Check XSLT 2.0's
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xslt20-20031112/#unprefixed-qnames

XSLT 2 might be finished soon enough to be considered for SVG 1.2, and
there are so many more advantages of XSLT 2 over XSLT 1 (there also
are some arguable aspects though) that I suggest to seriously consider
it.

They just published last call versions of the main specs, see
http://www.w3.org/XML/Query.html#specs

The example in
  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/#transformer-element
specifies XSLT 1.1
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt11/
which is an abandoned draft.
So the 1.1 in the line
  <xsl:stylesheet id="diamond" version="1.1"
should be changed to 1.0; or 2.0 in the future (XSLT 2.0 being a draft
that's being developed actively).

BTW, I think the example demonstrates a useful and interesting
concept, XSLT in SVG makes sense.

Tobi

--
Vim as XML Editor