Re: [SVG 1.2] Other notes.

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:20:19 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Antoine Quint" <ml@graougraou.com> wrote in message
news:80654DAD-1784-11D8-BD45-000393D124C4@graougraou.com...

> and someone would have to do it RCC.

That's what we have you for...

>Current extended links is basically simple instructions to have
>native UI pop-up with a bunch of associated links show up.

I don't know of a native UI that behaves that way for my OS, and if it can't
be styled, I'm not sure how many people would really use it, when they could
just over-ride it by RCC to get a proper styled reference.  However by
including it within SVG, we can no longer RCC it (as currently defined) so
we're stuck with either the default rendering or a proprietary syntax.

I would like a method to disable the default handling, and have it
rendered - being able to RCC any SVG element though would probably be more
useful - certainly SVG elements which have no visual rendering should be
easy to specify, and very useful to me.

Jim.