New draft of SVG 1.2 released

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:13:16 +1100
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, www-svg@w3.org

The SVG Working Group has been very busy dating supermodels
and fighting crime over the past few months. However, we figured
it was about time to take a few minutes from our jetset lifestyle
to release a new draft of SVG 1.2.

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/   (the Paris edition)

Highlights include:

- Vector effects (multiple strokes, non-scaling objects,
  shape effects union/intersection/etc)

- XML Events, DOM Level 3 Core, Events and XPath.

- Better Timer and Network interfaces for scripting.

- Video and Image transitions effects (fades, wipes, etc)

- Tooltips

- Extended links (more than one link on an element)

- New and improved streaming and multiple page features

- Better control over progressive rendering

- Lots of little things to help both graphical display
  and application development

- A video of NooNoo the Wonder Dog

- And most importantly, Russian glyphs in the author
  list (as well as a dotless-i).

As always, we're explicitly asking for feedback, especially
on Section 2, which discusses SVG for graphical interchange
and application development.

Now, back to the sauna.

Dean