Re: getComputedStyle / getOverrideStyle

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:14:29 -0500
To: "Sigurd Lerstad" <sigler@bredband.no>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, www-style@w3.org

> I know that getComputedStyle always includes all the computed properties of
> the element, but if getComputedStyle also contains the result of the
> animated properties, what's the point of getOverrideStyle?

The point (such as it is) is that getOverrideStyle is _writable_ and allows you
to effectively set inline style even if the document language does not support
such a concept.  Computed style is readonly.

Are there any UAs which actually implement getOverrideStyle?  None of the
browsers do, but do any of the SVG implementations?

Boris
--
Economists state their GNP growth projections to the
nearest tenth of a percentage point to prove they have a