Re: Sound support

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:23:15 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: clumma@yahoo.com

Carl

 > Ok, so how, with W3C technologies, can I sync sound to an SVG
 > animation?

It can be done with SMIL
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/ , but most of the popular SVG players
don't implement SMIL. You could try Real Player, X-Smiles, etc.

The current Adobe SVG Viewer features an extension for audio
http://www.adobe.com/svg/demos/audio.html
http://www.svg.org/wiki/ow.asp?SoundWithTheASV

Future versions of SVG most likely will support sound.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/#smil2-audio

 > Incidentally, you're being a short-sighted ass.

No matter to who you replied, you might want to choose words and
formulations that are more respectful :)

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/