Re: <uri>

From: Steve Schafer <steve@fenestra.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:13:40 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org

On Sat, 17 May 2003 10:14:33 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

>All CSS properties are also available as xml presentational
>attributes, with identical syntax.
>
>Thus, all presentational attributes use the CSS url() syntax.

Oh, I understand that. The reason for my post is that the current SVG
spec uses the symbol

 <uri>

in two different ways. In other words, you can't have a single grammar
that describes a <uri>, because there are actually two different things
that the spec calls <uri>.

I think it would be better if the spec used distinct symbols to
represent the two different interpretations.

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp
http://www.fenestra.com/