Re: Incompatibility between the Adobe SVG Viewer and Apache's Batik (and how to resolve it)

"Shlomi Fish" <shlomif@vipe.stud.technion.ac.il> wrote in message
> As can be seen there, the SVG is displayed differently with the Adobe SVG
> viewer and the Apache Batik one. In Adobe the text "STOP" is vertically
> aligned to the sign in the center and in Batik it is aligned more to the
> top. This SVG is taken from the book "SVG Programming: The Graphical Web"
> where it comes as the first example.
>
> I am using Batik-1.5 Beta. What can I do to resolve it?

The dominant-baseline attribute is handled differently in the two browsers,
I've not checked the spec enough to see which is correct, however removing
the attribute (which is presumably not necessary for the simple sign) will
give you identical rendering.

Jim,