<uri>

From: Steve Schafer <steve@fenestra.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 15:59:36 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org

SVG 1.1 appears to use <uri> to represent two syntactically distinct
entities. On the one hand, <uri> represents an unadorned URI reference,
as in the example in Section 5.3.2:

 xlink:href="foo.gif"

But elsewhere it follows the syntax of CSS2's <uri>, as in the example
in Section 5.3.3:

 fill="url(#Gradient01)"

There are numerous other examples of both usages.

Incidentally, I could find nothing in SVG 1.1 that directly references
the CSS2 interpretation of <uri>; I had to infer it from the code
examples.

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp
http:/www.fenestra.com/