Re: SVG 1.2 11.4 Window Object

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 08:05:13 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com> wrote in message
news:b9g2u8$er0$9@main.gmane.org...
> getURL/postURL
>
> On these I would like to add further parameters, this wouldn't break
> backwards compatibility, (in older viewers they'd just be ignored) but
would
> be very useful, the parameter I'd like to add would be an object defining
> Headers, either just the Accept header, or if possible all.
>
> My aim is to not have to have seperate uris for different representations
of
> the same thing.  So I can do a getURL request for an XML document, and get
> just the XML document, or I can do the same and get back an SVG document,
or
> an RDF document or ...   Setting the Accept header would allow this.
Setting
> other headers might also be useful (accept-language for example in a
> switch'd block on language)

I forgot to mention I'd also like to have other verbs available to me than
just GET and POST, the XMLHTTPRequest object (misnamed as it has little to
do with XML) from MS or Mozilla would be the sort of thing, removing
getURL/postURL for just such an object may even be preferred (it's trivial
to implement getURL/postURL in terms of such an object.)

Jim.