Re: Ogg Vorbis typos in http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/#smil2-audio (and elsewhere) (fwd)

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 15:09:26 +0200
To: Jack Moffitt <jack@xiph.org>
CC: Nathan Sharfi <comatoast@motherfish-II.xiph.org>, www-svg@w3.org

On Friday, May 9, 2003, 7:07:52 AM, Jack wrote:

JM > [.... lots of useful stuff about patent claims and audio formats]

JM> I'm sorry that I'm not able to give a clear black and white answer on
JM> this issue, but one is certainly not possible.

However, I do thank you for your clear and informative posting which
will be very helpful to the SVG working group.

JM> After all, aren't hyperlinks patented? :)

No ;-)

I guess you are referring to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-patentpolicy-comment/2002Feb/0117.html

There may well be a claim, but 50 years of prior art demonstrate that
such a claim is spurious. See

Hypertext and Our Collective Destiny
Tim Berners-Lee, 12 October 1995
http://www.w3.org/Talks/9510_Bush/Talk.html