SVG 1.2 7 Streaming

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:40:22 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

For the 2nd use case of streaming, I don't think the combination of
scripting and streaming is acceptable, in large SVG documents which take
considerable time to download and we want to provide animation (e.g. using
the loadProgress event) are the exact same documents that would also want
DOM access to the document that is rendered.  I would like a seperate class
of viewer in the conformance requirements that does not discard the DOM
references along the lines of the High Performance Dynamic SVG viewer of SVG
1.1, leaving those small footprint devices with the ability to discard
easily identifiable.

Jim.