Re: SVG 1.2 WD - Format of the specification

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:48:47 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org> wrote in message
news:2688138312.20030430101952@w3.org...
> Aac> BTW the WD mentions normative "HTML". The WD is in XHTML 1.0.
>
> The term HTML covers both XHTML and the older allegedly SGML variety.

I would like a single large HTML file with everything in, making it easy to
evaluate offline and with effective accessible viewers (a web-browser), I
would also like to see it labelled with the correct MIME-type, IE if you
insist on  XHTML, then please serve it with an XHTML mime-type consistent
with other W3 notes on the subject.  A PDF for printing maybe useful, but I
would've thought CSS is now sufficient for making good print versions.

Jim.