Re: [SVG] CGI Forms and SVG widgets

Fred P. wrote:

 > I was trying to consider CGI form inside SVG,
 > especially having customized widget drawn by SVG <g></g>
 > like customized button, list, drop box with images.
 >
 > <svg>
 >
 > <form name="myForm" action="form.php" method="get">
 > [...]
 > <input
 >   name='foo'
 >   value="go to destination"
 > [...]
 > <button id='downButton'
 >   x='10'
 >   y='10'
 > [...]

I suggest to RTFineMs :)
Then you could comment on those.

Check out
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/#rax-xforms
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/#xforms

and

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2Reqs/#req-graphics

"2.3. Relationship to other Web formats [...]
2. [...] SVG should be compatible with XForms User Interface presentation"

"4.2 Graphical Features
[...]
6. SVG may define a set of predefined user interface controls, such as
those needed for form interaction (e.g. buttons, text fields, sliders,
etc). Many images on the web today are raster versions of "web buttons"
which could be more efficiently expressed in SVG. This requirement will
involve liason with the XForms Working Group [SVG 1.2] [SVG 2.0]"

etc

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/