has the SVG 1.0 DTD been edited? (xmlns:xlink on element svg)

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:11:48 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi

In a previous version of the SVG 1.0 DTD,
there was no attribute xmlns:xlink allowed or set on element svg, so I
allowed and set it in the internal subset.
Today I got a warning ~ "attribute xmlns:xlink on element svg already
declared".

Now, in
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/DTD/svg10.dtd
and
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd
there is

<!ATTLIST svg [...]
   xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"

5 minutes ago I got (without the decl in the int subs)

xmllint --valid --noout --catalogs ext.svg
ext.svg:38: validity error: No declaration for attribute xmlns:xlink of
element
svg

   ^

Now I replaced the DTD with a fresh download, and the error obviously
disappears.

Has the DTD been fixed, or is there a thinking error on my side?

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/