Re: Question on the purpose of SVG

From: Damien Bezborodow <drbezborodow@webpathways.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:19:37 +0930
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Yes, I belive microsoft is, along with better PNG support on their
Windows version of MSIE.

Quote "Microsoft showed their Visio SVG import and export.
Highlight was that they said they did SVG because their
customers required it. It also meant they could give up
on many legacy other formats.
They also showed importing graphics from Illustrator
and Draw into the one Visio file.
Microsoft used Open Office running on Linux for
their slides..... oh no wait, i forgot, it was Powerpoint."

But I would really like to have my question answered by an SVG
team member, if they can.

Cheers, Damo.