Re: encoding="iso-8859-1" & http://validator.w3.org

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:33:36 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>

Jonathan

> thanks again to Tobi and Chris, I'll be including encoding until I
> understand why this is a bad idea,

I don't think it's a bad idea.

> else I have to validate with it, and then remove it, is that a
> recommendation?
> please excuse my ignorance in this matter.

Inlcuding an encoding declaration should be a good idea in almost all
cases. [1]

If your SVG really is neither UTF-8 nor UTF-16, then I definitely
recommend to include one.

Tobi

[1]
This doesn't mean that all examples in the spec should be changed. If a
validator has a bug, then the validator should be fixed, and the content
should not have to implement workarounds.

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/