Re: encoding="iso-8859-1" & http://validator.w3.org

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:41:11 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> encoding="iso-8859-1" & http://validator.w3.org
> Is there a great reason why the SVG images* in the spec:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/ don't validate?
> Is there a plan to validate SVG images at some time in the future?
> This seems a rather poor practice, web accessibility and SVG have such
> great potential!

The current release version of the validator has many known issues with XML,
when validating XML and discovering errors, please check with the beta
version at http://validator.w3.org:8001/  - this correctly validates the
above document.

The Validator is of course developed by a few people most of them volunteers
outside of the W3 itself doing it in their spare time, unfortunately getting
releases out takes time.  I understand Terje is going to take some of his
holiday entitlement from work to get the beta into a release state soon,
until then consider using Page Valet's XML tools for validating XML such as