getScreenCTM (again)

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:29:09 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hello,

I don't mean to be pushy, but I need an answer to this question.. So if you
know the answer, but didn't understand the question :) .. Do I need to make
the question clearer?

Again:
---------

 When calling getScreenCTM on an svg element, will it take into account any
 transformation done on the children of that svg element due to viewBox?

 I'm asking, because a viewBox attribute doesn't transform the svg element
 itself (i.e the x,y,width/height of the svg element) only the children.

 thanks,

BTW:

Wouldn't it be more useful if getBBox returned the bounding box BEFORE any
transform, since you can always apply that afterwards to the BBox, but you
can't unapply it. (or am I missing something?)

--
Sigurd Lerstad