Possible Error in the DTD in SVG 1.1 Qualified Named Module SVG.xmlns.attrib

From: Robert Diblasi <rdiblas@wpo.it.luc.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:48:39 -0600
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hello SVG Working Group,

I was looking at the SVG 1.1 DTD When I noticed that There may be an error in Qualified named Module in the Entity %SVG.xmlns.attribute.

The possible error is a missing ":" (colon) between "xmlns" and "%URI.datatype"

here is the possible error code from the SVG 1.1 DTD

(just to let you know it is the very last entity in Qualified Named Module

<!ENTITY % SVG.xmlns.attrib
     "xmlns %URI.datatype; #FIXED '%SVG.xmlns;'

I proposed that a ":" (colon) be added to the SVG.xmlns.attrib:

<!-- proposed correction to  SVG.xmlns.attrib -->

<!ENTITY % SVG.xmlns.attrib
     "xmlns:%URI.datatype; #FIXED '%SVG.xmlns;'

Thank you to  FUJISAWA Jun of Canon  for the hard work done on DTD

We all learn by sharing what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi
Member of the Chicago SVG Group: Chicago IL.