Re: getTransformToElement

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:42:34 +1100
To: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Sigurd Lerstad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My math skills aren't perfect...
>
> Can somone explain/give the algorithm for
> ISVGLocatable::getTransformToElement?
> I don't quite understand what it does.
>
> Also, can it be used to get the matrix of the transform attribute of an
> element, I've used getCTM for this, but now that I've reread the spec, that
> method seems to do something completely different :)

Your confusion may be coming from a bug in the Adobe
viewer (I assume that is what you are using.. you don't say).
Adobe have not implemented getCTM correctly.

getCTM should return the transformation from the current user
coordinates to the nearest viewport.

getTransformToElement returns the transformation from the
current user coordinate to the provided element.

Dean