suggestion about removing <image>

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:45:14 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hello,

To Tobias Reif and Jim Ley

I've come to the conclusion that one should keep the <image> tag, because
this element implies that the referenced file has dimensions/viewBox.

But I still think that there should be a parallel element to the
<foreignObject> that instead of having it inline, references an external
file.

One should for instance be able to embed an external xhtml file by reference
instead of inline.

Such an element could potentially be used to link to any kind of object that
the UA knows about, possibly due to plugins.

--
Sigurd Lerstad