SVG interface

From: Hyunju Shim <hshim@cise.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:22:41 -0500
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi all,

Here is what I want to do with my SVG.
When I click on SVG object from the browser I want to have some interface (maybe another pop-up window or something) that I can input attributes of that object such as ID or type.
And then I want to manipulate the input data to create another form of XML.
My problem is I have no idea about the way how to approach to get data via SVG.
I think script is not enough to do this kind of things.
Any advise wil be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.