Re: First Draft of SVG Print Requirements Released

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:44:55 EST
To: dean@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org, public-svg-print@w3.org
In a message dated 20/02/2003 01:20:36 GMT Standard Time, dean@w3.org writes:

> Greetings all,
>
> The SVG Working Group is pleased to announce the
> first release of the SVG Printing Requirements.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGPrintReqs/
>
> It's worth reading if you are interested in using
> SVG in a print/publishing environment. We'd really
> like feedback on these requirements, so we've set
> up an email list specifically for such feedback.
>
> public-svg-print@w3.org
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-print/
>
> Even if you don't think this is completely relevant
> to you, the use cases described in the document
> are interesting.

Dean,

Just a quick procedural/bureaucracy question.

In the "Status of this document" section ... which nobody else reads :) ...
it says that the document will eventually be published as a W3C Note.

Typically, Requirements documents in the recent past are just left as Working
Drafts. Is targetting a Note a new W3C standard procedure? Or an SVG WG
innovation?

Andrew Watt