SVG HTML search by ElementID

From: David Keltner <davidkeltner@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:53:52 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Using embedded SVG and HTML I have a problem of ignorance..
how to access "JoeBlow" from "Area1"

I have the following code in SVG
<g id="Area1" style="display:none;">
<g id="JoeBlow" style="display:none;">
<g id="SamBabba" style="display:none;">
(more data)

I use the following HTML

which gives me all of Area1 which is "JoeBlow" and "SamBabba" but I want to
access only "JoeBlow" after a performing a search...

This code fails me(though I don't get any errors..just nothing)

I hope someone might guide out of this darkness of confusion...