Re: network

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:05:00 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Bernhard Zwischenbrugger" <bz@datenkueche.com> wrote in message
news:1061228919.3f411177ef1be@webmail.datenkueche.com...
> >    perl -MHTTP::GHTTP -e 'get("http://foo.com/") and print "." while 1'
> >

> I have the same hobby ;-)
>
> You can't compare the security model of desktop applications with
> web content.

setInterval("a=new Image();a.src="http://foo.com/",13)
(which wouldn't necessarily be noticed)
or
while (true) {
 a=new Image();a.src="http://foo.com/
}

That's obviously HTML DOM 0 (as it's called) but if you want an SVG one, I'm
sure you can do it, it's still trivial.

> With postURL it is possible to make asyncronous connections and drop the
result.
> You can send 50 (or more) requests/second to a cgi.
> That's  new!!!!

No it's not!   It's trivial in a huge number of ways in a web-browser.

> It's more serverside programming and less client side programming.

No, because there's no PUSH!

Jim.