Re: SVG 1.2 WD - Usefulness of XML Schema

Tobias Reif wrote:
> The main schema could be written in RNG. WXS and DTD versions could be
> generated automatically [2].

Trang rocks, but the models used for modularization in RNG and WXS are different
enough that even it can't seem to maintain authorial intent in the translation.
The SVG schema needs to be modularised as the XHTML schema is.

However it *may* be possible to still do something smart in this area to also
have some RNG without doubling maintenance costs. I've been having vague ideas
in the back of my mind for a while, hopefully they'll take shape as something
useful :)

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/