Re: SVG 1.2 WD - Usefulness of XML Schema

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote:

> In my view a schema is particularly helpful when it is also available as a
> free-standing .xsd document. This gives the opportunity to open the file in,
> for example, Mozilla  or XMLSpy where one can collapse/expand the tree
> structure provided by the default stylesheet in Mozilla or use the
> proprietary view in XMLSpy. I find that helpful to be able to study specific
> aspects of the schema.

I agree that having a schema is useful; I'm not convinced that W3C XML
Schema is the best choice. I'd much prefer Relax NG, which is easier to
write and easier to read. It also has a more sound technical base. See
http://www.imc.org/ietf-xml-use/mail-archive/msg00217.html
for James Clark's analysis.

--
J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/