gain and blacklevel's value in VML

From: 강준석 <jskang@thinkfree.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:02:08 +0900
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
I’m studying WordML for Microsoft Word 2003. It uses many schemas and does
VML for processing image data.

As you know, imagedata element has gain and blacklevel as the attributes.

I don’t understand what the two attributes mean and how they are assigned
to somewhat strange value.(like 105703f)

I guess the gain to be image’s contrast and the blacklevel to be image’s
brightness.

As I changed an image’s contrast in Word2003, I saw changing of the
gain’s value in the saved xml file.

Please respond… Cheers…