Re: switch rendering

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Sigurd Lerstad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is the switch element treated as a graphical container, can you for instance
> apply a filter or a mask directly to the switch element, making it act like
> a <g> around the selected child element?

I couldn't find any wording in the spec that gave a positive
or negative answer, so here is my gut feeling. I'll raise the
issue within the SVG working group also.

Switch should be treated as a graphical container, since it
can have the presentations attributes (filter, mask, etc).

However, remember that only one child of the switch will be rendered.

Dean